Children and Domestic Abuse Law Clinic
The Children and Domestic Abuse Law Clinic offers free legal consultancy and support to people who are not eligible for legal aid and cannot afford to instruct a lawyer.
Issues we cover:
- Parental Disputes About Children
- Child Arrangements
- Parental Responsibility
- Domestic Abuse (Non-molestation & Occupation Orders)
What help do we offer?
- Advice on the law, your rights, your options and what to do next
- Assistance with court applications and statements/evidence
- Advice on court process and procedure
Please note: We support clients as litigants in person. We do not undertake litigation on a client’s behalf or offer representation at court. When receiving advice, clients remain responsible for the management and conduct of their case.
- The clinic is available to clients throughout Devon & Cornwall.
- We cannot advise if you are currently instructing or receiving advice from a lawyer or professional McKenzie Friend.
- Before contacting us, please complete a legal aid check. If you are entitled to legal aid we cannot assist you with your case.
Please note: We cannot currently accept divorce, finance, cohabitation or public child law cases.
To get in touch, please use the referral form. Our current call-back time is 10 working days.