Overview of the role:
The Back Office Administrator plays a vital role in providing essential support to the offices and specialist teams at Citizens Advice Cornwall. This role primarily involves dealing with emails, actioning the case management systems task list, communicating with clients and third-party organisations via email or text, and handling administrative tasks related to office management. The Back Office Administrator will work closely with advisors, supervisors, and project managers to ensure smooth operations and support the client-facing staff. Key responsibilities include accurately handling emails, updating the online client system, managing the case management tasks, and supporting office management tasks such as fire safety, filing, and stationary. Confidentiality, safeguarding procedures, and adherence to external referral processes are essential aspects of this role.
What’s in it for you?
This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to learn more about the service we offer, and who would like to be part of a team making a positive difference in the lives of people in Cornwall.
As a Back Office Administrator, you can expect the following benefits:
- Gain valuable experience in office administration and case management systems.
- Develop strong organisational and communication skills.
- Contribute to the efficient functioning of Citizens Advice Cornwall by providing essential back-office support.
- Opportunity to work alongside back-office teams such as HR and IT, for individuals seeking specific administration experience in those areas.
- Work as part of an enthusiastic county-wide team, while also being given the freedom to work on your own initiative.
What you need to have:
To volunteer with us, no specific qualifications are required, we just ask that you have:
- Organisational skills, with keen attention to detail and strong communication abilities.
- Knowledge of confidentiality and health and safety in an office environment, or a willingness to undergo training in this area.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Teams, or a willingness to undergo training in this area.
- Willingness to collaborate as part of a team and independently, using your own initiative.
- Commitment to align with the aims, principles, and policies of the Citizens Advice service and the vision of Citizens Advice Cornwall.
- The ability to travel to one or more of the following offices:
How much time do you need to give?
We request a minimum commitment of one to two days per week (Monday to Friday) for this role. This commitment is particularly important during the first three months due to extensive training and learning requirements. The hours can be flexibly scheduled throughout the working week.
What does the training look like?
On joining Citizens Advice Cornwall, you will receive a comprehensive induction and introduction to our service. Following this, you will undergo thorough training on the systems and processes required relevant to your role. Throughout your training and work with Citizens Advice Cornwall, you will receive continuous support and guidance from your Supervisor and the Training team. A specific ‘Back Office Administrator’ training plan will be put in place, tailored to your learning and development needs.